Fresh Start – Call for Artworks

This is a call for all artists to submit their artworks for our upcoming show titled Fresh Start for the year 2017 to be held from February 19th through March 26th.

This show is for members only.

Entries will be accepted in the categories of Painting, Drawing, Photography Mixed Media, and Sculpture. Subject matter is open. All works should be artists original creation. If interested, send completed submission form with up to 3 images of your artworks as JPEG to exhibits@vagf.org for consideration by Sunday, February 5th. Include dimensions, medium, title and sale price for each submitted work. Please make sure that submitted artworks haven’t previously been exhibited in a VAGF Show. Click this link to download the form vagf-artworks-submission-form

You will be notified of acceptance into the show by Sunday, February 12. Accepted works must be delivered at the Frisco Discovery Centre, 8004 N Dallas Parkway, Frisco TX 75034 on the Take In date and time.

Timeline for the show

Submission: Sunday, February 5

Acceptance: Sunday, February 12

Take-in : Sunday, February 19, from 12:00 – 2:00 PM

Opening Reception : Sunday, February 26, 6:00-8:00PM

Take-down : Sunday, March 26, from 12:00 – 2:00 PM

Entry Fee: Show is free for VAGF members. Join VAGF now for only $35 to receive members benefits throughout 2017! https://vagf.org/membership/

Gallery Requirement: Entries must be completely prepared for secure installation with wire taut on the back. No saw-toothed hangers accepted. All works on 1/2” canvases should be framed. All the works on 1”to 2” canvases need to have neatly painted edges if not framed. 3-D works should be ready to display. Entries that are not properly framed or have no wire for hanging will NOT be accepted into the show.

Awards: The show will be juried by one or more visual art professionals. There will be an award for Best of Show and additional awards for top choices in the various categories.

Sales: The VAGF will handle sales and will notify artist upon receiving any sales request. VAGF requests a 20% donation from each sale generated during the exhibition and the City of Frisco requests 10% for a total of 30%.

Contact: For any queries feel free to drop an email at exhibits@vagf.org . We’ll try and get back to you at the earliest possible time.

.....

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s